FUT Hair Transplant
Ali Emre Karadeniz is a plastic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon. He is the only American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery Certified Turkish plastic surgeon. He has performed over 2000 hair operations. He is an active member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).
FUT is a very sophisticated hair transplant technique that requires extensive surgical training by the surgeon and technicians, which is why this technique isn’t available in most Turkish clinics. This technique provides the best quality grafts while causing minimal scarring.
FUT or FUSS is based on removing a skin strip from the back of the head taking advantage of the skin laxity. The donor area is closed with stitches and a linear scar is left behind after healing occurs, which is mostly overemphasized. The skin strip is slivered, then cut into individual grafts by an experienced team of technicians.
FUSS, is a very sophisticated procedure. It requires expertise to remove the skin strip without transecting follicles at the wound edges and close the wound in a way that causes minimal scarring. The graft dissection technique requires extensive training for years to master. A surgical team for FUSS requires many of these well-trained technicians.
The advantages of FUSS are:
- 1. It provides the most robust and permanent grafts of the donor area.
- 2. It usually provides more hair at once compared to FUE.
- 3. Follicle transection rate (wasted hairs) may be much lower than FUE.
- 4. It is more effective in difficult hair types such as afro hair, very coarse hair or very fine hair.
- 5. It leaves the rest of the donor area untouched for future sessions and thus gives significantly more hair over multiple sessions compared to FUE alone.
- 6. The scar is left within the strongest portion of the donor area and therefore camouflaged well
- 7. It may be done without shaving the donor area
- 8. It doesn't leave an open wound; thus heals very fast
AEK Hair Clinic is a boutique hair transplant clinic in Istanbul, Turkey that provides hair loss treatments including FUT Hair Transplant. Fill the consultation form now to learn more about the treatment options we offer for you.